Getting Your Wedding Started and save money
- Invitations - Invitations set the tone for your wedding, but they don’t have to eat up your budget. Keep in mind: No matter how stunning the invitation, it will ultimately end up in the trash. There are ready-made invitations now available online or at a paper store that look fabulous.
- Local and Seasonal – Choosing menu items and flowers that are in season and available locally often saves money and doesn’t compromise flavor or esthetics.
- Beverages – Instead of having a full bar, the bride and groom could offer a signature cocktail representative of them, in addition to beer and wine.
- Ceremony - If you hold your wedding and reception at the same location, you can make things simpler and cheaper. Fewer locations means fewer things to rent, fewer decorations, and less transportation to pay for as well.
- Timing – Rather than having an evening wedding, plan the wedding earlier in the day. Brunch, lunch and early afternoon receptions are becoming more and more common and saves money on alcohol costs. Also, having a Friday or Sunday wedding can dramatically reduce the venue rental fee.
- Guest List – Limit your guest list. Keep in mind that every guest you add to your list increases your expenses significantly.
Tips To Pay Less and get Luxury
Tips on how to have a phenomenal wedding for less expense without sacrificing luxury?
- Cuisine –
Local and Seasonal – Choosing menu items that are in season and available locally often saves money and doesn’t compromise flavor or esthetics
Contrary to popular belief, it’s more cost-effective to provide butler-passed appetizers versus an appetizer buffet
- Beverages –
Instead of having a full bar, the bride and groom could offer a signature cocktail representative of them, in addition to beer and wine
Use moderately priced liquors rather than top-shelf spirits
- Ceremony – Setting the ceremony and reception in the same location, simplifies logistics and reduces costs. Fewer locations means fewer things to rent, fewer decorations, and less transportation to pay for as well.
- Timing –Rather than having an evening wedding, plan the wedding earlier in the day. Hosting a brunch, lunch or early afternoon receptions are becoming more and more popular, as they keep reduce expenditures on alcohol and elaborate dinners. Also, a Friday or Sunday wedding can dramatically reduce the venue rental fee.
Tips Floral Arrangemt
Tips for floral arrangements that create a great impact/overall effect at less of an expense?
- Generally, brides are looking at bouquets as more of an accessory to their dress rather than a statement piece. Examples include:
Small, tighter bouquets will be less expensive – and are in-fashion
Think small – Choose nosegays, or small bunches of flowers, for the bridesmaids
- Transferring flowers from ceremony to reception, rather than decorating two venues, will reduce expenditures
- Create a big impact while staying within budget by:
Using bold colors and/or larger blooms will produce a great effect
Candles – Incorporating candlelight can dramatically alter the feel of a room
Lighting – Adding colored lighting to the dance floor or tables
Low centerpieces with lots of candles cuts costs, and won’t isolate people at the table as tall arrangements can often do.
Tips for purchasing a new Wedding Gown
In this economy, brides are looking for gowns that are understated, yet elegant
“Less is more” has always been an important element in bridal design and it is especially important now. Less elaborate beading reduces cost; while a more dramatic draping of fabric on the body creates an impact without significant cost
- Brides are looking for dresses that are sophisticated with unique embellishments, such as:
Feathers, silk organza and chiffon flowers for more an organic look
Cascading layers of fabric like tulle overlays for an ethereal look
Silk satin dramatic architectural detail in the back of the gown
Touches of lace
- Popular gown silhouettes in 2009 include:
Less fullness in skirts and more tailored gowns like sheaths, mermaid and trumpet shapes. Brides want to look sexier.
Strapless is still strong, however, gowns with straps are definitely making a comeback
- Hair ornamentation – Silk flowers
- Shoes – Metallic shoes (especially silver) are very popular
- Designers are now offering more moderately priced gowns:
- Trends in bridesmaid dresses
It’s very popular to have different styles for each bridesmaid or choose different colors that complement one another
Purchasing a Used Wedding Gown Advice.
Make sure embellishments and sequins are sewn on, not glued.
Beading should be completely secured before you have your used gown cleaned.
Some cleaners can do minor repairs to lose/damaged embellishments.
Stains that can usually come out: -Grass?-Dirt?-Lipstick?-Grease
Stains that are tough to get out: -Perspiration?-Water Rings?-Yellow/caramelized stains?-Perfume