Have you ever added up how much you spend waxing, threading or tweezing unwatned hair? Do the math and you will see why laser hair removal can be a great investment not only in money, but in saving time as well. The winter months are the perfect time to get your laser treatments. That way you can avoid the need to be out in the harsh sun during the cooler months AND you are ready to go for next swimsuit season!
Laser Hair Removal Tips
In addition to upper lips, chins, bikini lines, legs, under arms and other places where you have annoying skin growth, laser hair removal can be a great solution to skin irritation and ingrown hairs. But there are a few things you need to know.
- While individual treatments can be expensive, the long term cost of hair laser removal can be less than waxing or threading.
- Blonde, white or red hair is not damaged by the laser. Hair laser removal only works on dark hair or hair with pigment.
- Expect to have repeat treatments. You’ll need anywhere from five to eight treatments, five to seven weeks apart.
- Patients may have to return for “touch up treatments” in afew months.
- Patients must avoid the sun before and after treatment by using a sun block of at least SPF 30.
- Get references from friends and do your research and choose a trained professional.